Friday, May 11, 2012

The average day, of the average Greenskeeper

I myself am the average Greenskeeper, as I noted earlier I work at the local Hershey Links.  Here is my usual day...  I Wake up at 5:00 a.m.  Get to work and clock in at 5:30 a.m.  After I clock in i go to the lower part of the barn and find out what my morning job will be.  So lets say it is mowing the greens, we will split up all 20 greens between around 4 to 6 guys.  After our "Greens Run" is over its around 9:30 and we then go and re read the board this is when the small course maintenance jobs will be accomplished.  So knowing first hand that one of the only battles of the job is sleep.  So i urge you if you will be a Greenskeeper any time soon make sure you stick to a sleep schedule and make it a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment